Friday, September 19, 2008

Kids! sorta....

I only have a moment but I wanted to capture this thought before it escaped my feeble mind forever.

My wife and I don't have kids (someday?) but we do have animals. I guess that since we don't have children, that we probably spoil our animals a little more than we should but... anyhow... I've been doing some house work today and as I was washing the last of the dishes (sorry ladies but I'm already taken :) I noticed that our 7-8 month old puppy was very quiet and nowhere in site. I walked quietly and slowly into our bedrom and I could see her lying on the bed and chewing on something just out of my sight. As I continued to sneak around the corner of the bed, I see that she is chewing on a compact umbrella that I had tossed in there to put up later. Just as I see the umbrella, Nikki spots me, stops chewing and slowly lets the umbrella drop from her mouth to the floor and then looks at me as if to say "What? I wasn't doing anything!" I picked up the umbrella, gave my best stern look of correction and went back into the kitchen. As I was laughing to myself at her slyness and best attempt to look not guilty I thought of this phrase "Capture the pleasure in the moment".

James 4:14
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Life is short, enjoy each moment. That umbrella can be replaced, but the memory of that moment and look of innocence can never be repeated.

No comments: